Tuesday, September 10, 2013

shell contour line drawing

This was my first attempt at drawing a shell using contour lines, at this point i still didn't fully understand the use of contour lines, i just thought it meant to sketching, which is kind of true but i didn't know that we had to use lines to create curves, i just drew lines on my shell going straight down or sideways. i had a lot of difficulty with drawing this shell because it has curves and points that were hard for me to draw onto paper. i learned that if i were to touch the shell maybe i could have incorporated that into my drawing.

This was my second attempt and you can see that i tried to make my lines curve at the round part of the shell, looking at it now it looks like no effort was put into this drawing and it looks like i just gave up on the pointy parts.again if i would have given it more time and touched it i think i could have made it look more realistic and like i actually took time to draw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment